Ultrasonographic study of Renal Pelvicalyceal System, and its dilatation, which may indicates for acute appendicitis
AbstractThe present measured the ultrasonographic parameters of the pelvicalyceal system in dyspeptic individuals (263), and another (168) males and (158) females patients who have been diagnosed as cases of acute appendicitis (AA). Samples of their appendices’ and peritoneal fluid were taken for histopathological, microbial and immunological studies. The white blood cell count (WBC) and general urine exam (GUE) were estimated for all subjects, which were used in this study prior to appendectomy.This study revealed that (34%) of the patients , were accompanied by right pelvicalyceal system dilatation (RPCSD), (1.5%) effected bilateral pelvicalyceal system dilatation (PCSD,) preoperatively and continued for three to four weeks, post operatively, but all of the cases followed up; restored normal pelvicalyceal system (PCS) later to the appendectomy
Avis G. Considerations Anatomiques Sur le Hile et le sinus du rein. Ann Radiol. 1969, 12: 75–106.
Brown JJ. Acute appendicitis: the radiologist role. Radiology
; 180:13-14 cited in Bernard A., Stephanie R. Wilson Appendicitis In: Millenium. Radiology. 2000; 215:337-348.RSNA
Sandermann J and Hansen Ls. Bilateral Uretral onstruction as a complication to a perforated appendix. Acta Chir Scand 1983; 149:535036.
P.Ronan Connell . Vermiformappendix. In:R.C.G. Russell, In:N.S.Williams, C.J.K.B Ulstrode . Bailey & Loves; Short practice of surgery. 25th edition, Oxford university press. New York, 2005; pp1076-1093.
Robert E. Condon. Appendicitis In David C. Sabiston, Jr editor.Text book of surgery.36.W.B.Sunders Company Philadelphia. 1995; pp: 967-981.
Chiang DT,Tan EI, Birsks D."To have or not to have" Should computed tomography and ultrasonography be implimented as a routine work-up for patients with suspected acute appendicitis in regional hospitals. Ann R Coll Surg Engl.Jan;90(10:17-21.PMID:18201492
- Chummy S. Sinnatamby. Abdomen. In: Lasts anatomy regional and applied.10th edition.churchill Livingston. London.2000; pp249-290.
- Kieth l. moore and arthur f. dalley. Anatomy of gastrointestinal tract.In: Clinicaly oriented anatomy. Fourth edition. Lipincot Williams & wilkins, A Walterkluwer Company . 2005; p 250-252
- P.E.S.Palmer .Basics of ultrasound, abdomen,peritoneal cavity and gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and ureters. Manual of diagnostic ultrasound.Geneva. 2003; pp1-151
- Morishita K., Guishimiyagi M.,Hashiguchi M., Stein GH,Tokuda Y. Clinical prediction rule to distiguish pelvic inflammatory diseases form acute appendicitis in women of child bearing age. American j Emerg med. Feb;2007; 25(2):152-7
- D. Puskar, G. Bedalov, S.Fridrih, I. Vuckovic, T. Banek and J. Pasini. Urinalysis, Ultrasound analysid and Renal dynamic scitigraphy in acute appendicitis.Urology. January.1995; Volume 45 Number 1.
- R.A.L. Bisset and A.N.Khan. Urinary tract and adrenal gland. In: Differential diagnosis in abdominal ultrasound.. Bailliere Tindall, Oval road, London NW17Dx England. 1993; Ch 4:157-208
- R.F.Rintoul. Operations on the appendix In: Farquharsons textbook of operative surgery. Eighth edition. London.Churchill Livingstone. 1995; Pp 451-59.
- Deborha Rumsey. Stastics for dummies. Copt right edition. Canada : Wiley publishing, Inc. indianaplis. 11 river St. Hoboken, Nj 07030.2003.
- Albiston E. The role of radiolodical imaging in the diagnosis of acute appendicitis. Can J Gastroenterol,Jul;2002; 16(7)451-63.
- Vasileios N. Papadopoulos, Antonios Michalopoulos, Ioanna Tzeveleki, George Basdanis. Acute appendicitis perforating into the bladder mimicking cystitis . Surgical Practice. 2007; Vol. 11 Issue 2 Page 90 May 2007
- Emilio Etala. Appedicectomy. In: Atlas of gastrointestinal tract.Volume: II. Mryland: Williams & Wilkins. 1997; PP 1987-1994.
- Pisara VH., Recognizing the various presentations of appendicitis. Nurse pract.. Word cited in pubmed; PMID: 10479109. Aug;1999; 24(8) pp 42-55
- Ian MACcoll .More precision in diagnsis of appendicitis.New England Journal of Medicine.1998;Volume 338:190-191:Jan (15).number 3
- Nigar Coskun, S. Muzaffer Indel , Gulsum Ozlem Elepek. Mast cell density and neuronal hypertrophy in patients with acute appendicitis. The Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology 2003; Volume 14, No 1, Page(s) 54-58
- Stanley Zaslau. Pediatric Urology, Vesicouretric reflux. Blueprints Urology.Oxford UK Blackwell publishing ltd, 9600 Gaesicton road. 2004; pp 110-119.
- Omundsen M and Dennett E. Delay in appendicectomy and associated morbidity: A retrospective review. Anz J Surg.Mar;2006; 76(3)153-5.PMID:16626357
Copyright (c) 2021 University of Thi-Qar Journal Of Medicine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.