The Efficacy of Endoscopic Turbinoplasty Surgery in Nasal Obstruction
AbstractThere are different surgical techniques recently to reduce the size of the inferior turbinate such as; coblation technology, submucosal diathermy, endoscopic piriform turbinoplasty. The purpose of the study is to assess the effectiveness of endoscopic turbinoplasty in patients who are suffered from nasal obstruction because of inferior turbinate hypertrophy. In our research 50 patients were included who are complained of nasal obstruction with bilateral inferior turbinate hypertrophy, surgery in form of endoscopic turbinoplasty were performed on them. Finally, the endoscopic turbinoplasty is considered as an effective surgical management of inferior turbinate hypertrophy.
– Dipak Ranjan Nayak, Produl Hazarika, Anatomical considerations NOSE PNS, chapter (1), P.6,2013.
–Steven M.Houser, the surgical management of the inferior turbinate, chapter(7),P.55,Rhinology,2016.
– M.Pais Clemente, surgical anatomy of the paranasal sinuses(chapter 1),P.27,sinus surgery endoscopic and microscopic approaches (2005).
– Management of enlarged inferior turbinate, Scott-Brown’s otolaryngology, Chapter (105), P.1158, (2018).
– Peter-John Wormald, endoscopic sinus surgery, Chapter (4), P.19,2013.
– Management of enlarged inferior turbinate, Scott-Brown’s otolaryngology, chapter (105), P.1160,2018.
Copyright (c) 2023 University of Thi-Qar Journal Of Medicine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.