A Comparative Study of High Level laser and Low Level laser and Temperature on the Erythrocytes Sedimentation Rate Values in Healthy People : In Vitro Study
Background :The effects of laser irradiation with 632.8 and 2100 nm on Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) in blood samples from healthy peopleblood were comparatively studied in vitro and study the effect of environmental temperature.
Objective : This study was designed to show the effect of He-Ne laser , HO-YAG laser and effect of environmental temperature on Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) .
Subject & Methods : The study of case – control cross sectional design included 40healthy persons (male and female) with age group (20-45 year) , Workplace in the laboratory of physiology and medical physicsthe time between April 2016 to July 2016.
He-Ne laser (LJL 40-HA, Shanghai Research Institute of Laser Technology) wave length of 632.8ηm was used for irradiation with 5mm diameter beam spot on blood samples, with power density 30mw/cm2 and HO-YAG laser irradiation wave length 2100nm ( Karl Storz – Endoskope , Germany ),output power is ( 0.5J) .The irradiation times were (5min ) , The samples of blood were obtained from 40 contributors and each sample was separated into three samples for irradiation and control .All statistical analysis was performed withstatistical package graph Pad software For those with significant difference.
The results showed that there were significant differences in the values of sedimentation rates for both class (15 -45 ) 0c degree heat compared with the values of sedimentation 15 0c degree heat temperature for irradiation and control
It shows the effect of temperature factor on the red blood cells sedimentation rate in blood samples from healthy people and see the effect of the degree of laboratory heat due to lack of efficient heating and cooling devices in the summer and winter on the sedimentation rates of values to be taken into consideration with the results .We observe irradiation 632.8 nm laser decreases ESR while irradiation at 2100 nm increases ESR with p < 0.01.
Conclusion:The change of temperature (high and low) has a great effect on precipitation of red blood cells in health people and thus must be taken into consideration and this effect also observed with the use of632.8 and 2100 nm on Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) in blood samples from healthy individuate blood were comparatively studied in vitro at a temperature of 15 °C.We observe irradiation 632.8 nm laser decreases ESR while increasing irradiation at 2100 nm with p < 0.01.
- Rhoades, R.A. and Tanner, G.A: Medical physiology. 2nd ed. Elsevier Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ,2012, Pp.(739) .
- Turgeon, M.L.(Ed.) : Clinical Hematology, theory and procedures. 1st ed., Little ,Brawn and Company, Boston,1998, 326pp .
- AmmalEsmaeelIbrahim, SuhadAbdul AzeezIbrahim, DhuhaHashemFadhel, and Amir Adnan Hussein , Sedimentation Levels of Red Blood Cells (ESR) and its Effect on Viscosity of Blood Cells (PVC) and Glucose in Elderly People , Journal of Al-Nahrain University,June 2014;Vol.17 (2): pp.9-12.
- Kassak, P.; Sikurova, L.; Kvasnicka, P., and Bryszewska, M.: The response of Na+/ K+- ATPase of human erythrocyte to green laser light treatment. Physiological research.2006;Vol. 55: PP. 189-194.
- JenanH.Taha BSc,Fikher S. AL-AniMBChB, MSc, PhD ,Wijdan F. AL-Siaidy BSc, PhD , Protection Properties of He-Ne Laser (632.8 nm) Against UV-light (253.7 nm) On the Lymphocytes Blood Cells and Its DNA , J Fac Med Baghdad 2012;Vol.54 No.3: pp.247-251.
- AmalYousif Mohsen Al-Yasiri MSc , Effect of 650 nm Diode Laser on the Cross-Bonding Formation of Human RBC Membrane , Iraqi J. Comm. Med., July, 2009;Vol. 22(3) : pp.188-191 .
- Ahmed A. Ibrahim: A new automated method for the determination of erythrocyte sedimentation rate ( ESR ) , Journal of Kirkuk University Scientific Studies 2007;Vol.2,No.3, pp.64-69 .
- Humański P, Dykczyński P. Leczenie w przypadkachkamicymoczowodowejenergialaseraholmowegonaddzialeurologiijednegodnia. UrologiaPolska (2008) ;Vol. 61,pp.142-146 .
- Rajesh Taneja , Soft Tissue Applications of Holmium Laser in Urology , JIMSA July-September 2011;Vol. 24 No.3:pp.135-136 .
- WRHA Laboratory Medicine Program. “Guidelines for ordering erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)”. Effective Date 2004. [Clinical Guideline],from Diagnostic Services of Manitoba Inc. at Retrieved June 26, 2006; .
- Samira M. Sallam , Abdelsattar M. Sallam , El-Sayed M. El-Sayed , L. I. Abo Salem ,Mona M. Rizk , Enhancement of Human Blood Storage Period by Irradiation of Low Level He-Ne Laser , Journal of Biophysical Chemistry, 2015 ; Vol.6: pp.77-86.
- Relevy, H., Koshkaryev, A., Manny, N., Yedgar, S. and Barshtein, G.Blood Banking-Induced Alteration of Red Blood Cell Flow Properties. Transfusion, 2008 ;Vol.48:pp. 136-146 ,
- Brill, A.G., Shenkman, B., Brill, G.E., Tamarin, I., Dardik, R., Kirichuk, V.F., et al.Blood Irradiation by He-NeLaser Induces a Decrease in Platelet Responses to Physiological Agonists and an Increase in Platelet Cyclic GMP. Platelets,2000 ;Vol.11:pp. 87-93.
- Ayad G. Anwer : Stimulation of Phagocytic Activity of Human Polymorphonuclear Leukocytes in Vitro Using 10 mW He-Ne Laser , Iraqi J. Laser, Part B, 2005 ;Vol.4, pp. 23-27.
- Lewis,S.M.; Barbara,J.; Bain I.; Imelda B : Practical Hematology. 9th ed. Churchill Livingstone, 2001;pp.527-531
- .Yousry M Mostafa, Sherif N Amin, Samir Abd al wahabandAlsayed AM Elsherbini : Effects of Non-Coherent and Coherent Light on Complete Blood Picture and Osmotic Fragility of Human Blood , Mostafa et al., J Blood Disorders Transf 2013;Vol.4 : pp.4-1.
Copyright (c) 2019 University of Thi-Qar Journal Of Medicine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.