Comparative Study Between Different Three Techniques of Endoscopic Endonasal Uncinectomy
AbstractThe endoscopic sinus surgery is one of the main surgical procedures in field of rhinology, in addition the endoscopic uncinectomy considers as the gateway for the maxillary sinus opening. However, there are many techniques to perform uncinectomy in various scientific articles such as Stammberger classical method and Swing -Door strategy which was emerged in 1998 via Professor P.J.Wormld .(1). This is a simple comparative study to compare between different uncinectomy procedures.
– swing -Door technique for uncinectomy in endoscopic sinus surgery, J laryngology 1998 Jun, 112(6): 547-51, PJ Wormald , Mc Donogh M.
- Chan Y , Kuhn FA. An update on the classification , Diagnosis, and treatment of rhinosinusitis . Current opinion in Otolaryngology and head and neck surgery . 2009;17: 204-8.
– Essential otolaryngology ,head and neck surgery , p.390., 2003.
– Dipak Ranjan Nayak , Produal Hazarika , Mnaipal Manual of endoscopic sinus surgery , Chapter one (anatomical considerations ) , P.7.
- A comparative study of two different uncinectomy techniques : Swing-door and classical , Iran Otorhinolaryngol. 2012 Spring ; 24(67):63-67.
– Bony nasolacrimal dehiscence in functional sinus surgery : radiological study and discussion of surgical implications . , M J Ali al , J laryngol Oto. 2015 Jul.
– Dr. Rafid Y. Jabbar , Current paediatric research , Vol.25 , new innovation in endoscopic sinus surgery approach to the uncinate process “Rafidain technique” , P.1066-1069.