The Effect of He-Ne laser Radiation and Temperature of Blood in Vitro on the Erythrocytes Sedimentation Rate Values in Healthy People
Keywords:Helium neon laser, Erythrocytes Sedimentation Rate (ESR), Temperature
AbstractBackground : The aim of this study is to research the in vitro effect of the He-Ne laser radiation and study the effect of environmental temperature on Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) in blood samples from healthy . Objective : To show the effect of He-Ne laser and effect of environmental temperature on Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) Subject & Methods : He-Ne laser wave length of 632.8ηm was used for irradiation with 0.5mm diameter beam spot on blood samples, with power density 1mw/cm2 , The irradiation times were (1hr ) , The samples of blood were obtained 30 contributors and each sample was separated into three samples for irradiation and control . Results : The results showed that there were significant differences in the values of sedimentation rates for both class (25 -45 ) 0c degree heat compared with the values of sedimentation 25 0c degree heat temperature for irradiation and control . It shows the effect of temperature factor on the red blood cells sedimentation rate in blood samples from healthy people and see the effect of the degree of laboratory heat due to lack of efficient heating and cooling devices in the summer and winter on the sedimentation rates of values to be taken into consideration with the results . Conclusion :The change of temperature (high and low) has a great effect on the deposition and precipitation of red blood cells in health people and thus must be taken into consideration and this effect is also observed with the use of He - Ne laser at a temperature of 25 ° C.
- Rhoades, R.A. and Tanner, G.A: Medical physiology. 2nd ed. Elsevier Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ,2012, Pp.(739) .
- Turgeon, M.L.(Ed.) : Clinical Hematology, theory and procedures. 1st ed., Little ,Brawn and Company, Boston,1998, 326pp .
- Ammal Esmaeel Ibrahim, Suhad Abdul Azeez Ibrahim, Dhuha Hashem Fadhel, and Amir Adnan Hussein , Sedimentation Levels of Red Blood Cells (ESR) and its Effect on Viscosity of Blood Cells (PVC) and Glucose in Elderly People , Journal of Al-Nahrain University, 2014, pp.9-12Vol.17 (2), June .
- Kassak, P.; Sikurova, L.; Kvasnicka, P., and Bryszewska, M.: The response of Na+/ K+- ATPase of human erythrocyte to green laser light treatment. Physiological research.2006, PP. 189-194Vol. 55.
- JenanH. Taha BSc, Fikher S. AL-AniMBChB, MSc, PhD ,Wijdan F. AL-Siaidy BSc, PhD , Protection Properties of He-Ne Laser (632.8 nm) Against UV-light (253.7 nm) On the Lymphocytes Blood Cells and Its DNA , J Fac Med Baghdad 2012Vol.54, No.3.
- AmalYousif Mohsen Al-Yasiri MSc , Effect of 650 nm Diode Laser on the Cross-Bonding Formation of Human RBC Membrane , Iraqi J. Comm. Med., July, 2009, 22 (3) .
- Ahmed A. Ibrahim: A new automated method for the determination of erythrocyte sedimentation rate ( ESR ) , Journal of Kirkuk University Scientific Studies 2007, Vol.2,No.3 .
- WRHA Laboratory Medicine Program. “Guidelines for ordering erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)”. Effective Date 2004. [Clinical Guideline],from Diagnostic Services of Manitoba Inc. at Retrieved June 26, 2006 .
- Samira M. Sallam , Abdelsattar M. Sallam , El-Sayed M. El-Sayed , L. I. Abo Salem ,Mona M. Rizk , Enhancement of Human Blood Storage Period by Irradiation of Low Level He-Ne Laser , Journal of Biophysical Chemistry, 2015, 6, 77-86.
- Relevy, H., Koshkaryev, A., Manny, N., Yedgar, S. and Barshtein, G. Blood Banking-Induced Alteration of Red Blood Cell Flow Properties. Transfusion, 2008 , 48, 136-146 .
- Brill, A.G., Shenkman, B., Brill, G.E., Tamarin, I., Dardik, R., Kirichuk, V.F., et al. Blood Irradiation by He-Ne Laser Induces a Decrease in Platelet Responses to Physiological Agonists and an Increase in Platelet Cyclic GMP. Platelets,2000 , 11, 87-93.
- Yousry M Mostafa, Sherif N Amin, Samir Abd al wahaband Alsayed AM Elsherbini : Effects of Non-Coherent and Coherent Light on Complete Blood Picture and Osmotic Fragility of Human Blood , Mostafa et al., J Blood Disorders Transf 2013, 4-1.
- Ayad G. Anwer : Stimulation of Phagocytic Activity of Human Polymorphonuclear Leukocytes in Vitro Using 10 mW He-Ne Laser , Iraqi J. Laser, Part B, 2005 ,Vol. 4, pp. 23-27.
- Lewis, S.M.; Barbara, J.; Bain I.; Imelda B : Practical Hematology. 9th ed. Churchill Livingstone, 2001 pp.527-531 .