Levels of Trace Elements in Hydatid Cyst Fluid : Analytical Study
Keywords:Hydatid fluid, Trace elements, atomic absorption spectra
AbstractThe aim of the following study was to estimate the levels of trace elements in hydatid cyst fluid and evaluation the role of this elements on parasite life . trace elements in the fluid of hydatid cyst were detected by atomic absorption spectroscopy which found high ratio of Ca, K, Fe, Mg, Mn, Na, Cu, and Zn while P, Cr, Co, Cd, Pb, and Ni were low and include ( 8.71, 9.55 , 15.36, 5.91, 9.2 , and 11.3 \ µg ) respectively .
• Aggett, P.J. (1994). Aspects of neonatal metabolism of trace metals. Acta Paediater Supp, 402: 75-82.
• Bavbek M, Caner H, and Erdoan B. (2000). Central nervous system hydatitosis in Turkey: a cooperative study and literature survey analysis of 458 cases. J Neurosurg; 93: 1-8.
• De Oliveira, F.S.; Viana, M.R. and Antonio, A.R. (2001). Differential effect of lead and zinc on inhibitory avoidance learning in mice. Braz J Med Biol Bes 34:117-120.
• Fraga CG. (2005) . Relevance, essentiality and toxicity of trace elements in human health. Mol Aspects Med. 2005; 26(4–5): 235–24..
• King, C. Cestodes, Mandel, GL, Bennet JE, and Dolin R (eds). (2000) Principles and practice of Infectious diseases 4th edn Churchill & Livingstone, pp 2957- 2965.
• Mahdi, J. ; Mohammad H. Al-Jawher; and Mahdi, N. K. (2010). Zinc and copper levels in hydatid cyst fluid and patient’s blood . J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 60 (7) : 580-581.
• Mahdi NK, Al_Baldawi ,F.A. and , Benyan, A.K. (1996) .Immunoglobulin levels in sera and cyst fluid of human hydatidosis. Med. J. Basrah Univ. , 14: 91-9.
• Ozen N, Celik C, Ozkan K, Malazgirt Z, Isimer A, Sayal A. (2009) Trace elements in hydatid disease. J Trace Elem Electrolytes Health Dis 1992; 6: 67-70.
• Polat P, and Atamanalp SS. (2009) Hepatic hydatid disease: radiographics findings. EAJM;41:49-55.
• Shaeffer, G.L. (2006). Evaluation of basic zinc chloride as a zinc source for cattle. M.Sc thesis in North Carolina State University. Animal Science. Raleigh.
• Srivastav, S. K.; Murti, R. C. And Gupta Vinod , C . (2011). Quantitative Analysis of Trace Elements In Fasciolopsis buski and Gastrodiscoides hominis IJCPR,; 2(3):161-168.
• Tandon , V. and Ray, B. (1994). Analysis of trace element of some edible treamatodes parasitizing the bovine hosts . C. Science ; 67(7): 548-468.